Friday, August 10, 2007

Hope

How is it that You know
everything You do?
How is it, You find me beautiful
when my eyes are black and blue.
Too many punches from an iron fist,
How long till I'm able to stand,
How long till I can resist?
How long till perservence pays off?
How long till "I obey"
is the only given answer,
You ever hear me say?
Jesus in the desert,
satan tempted with his best.
Though hungry, tired and thirsty
Jesus passed His test.
I have no excuse to fail,
yet fail in fact I do.
It seems the things You say to me,
I don't believe they're true.
There has got to be release
of the chaos in my head.
There has got to be a turn around.
I can't be left for dead.
There has got to be a faith
hiding somwhere in my heart.
To believe the things you say to me,
Though this silence seems so dark.
I want to take You at your word.
I want faith to come!
Please give me grace to believe,
'till Your work in me is done.

3 comments:

Pin H. Chen said...

Wow, Coleen! I'm right there with you.

There isn't a night in which I didn't ask the Lord, "How long till perservence pays off?"

Thanks for your post. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one struggling with doubts.

That's true fellowship. I don't want the fake fellowship in which we pretend that we are all strong all the time.

Blessings,
Pin


Psalm 42:1-6

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Unknown said...

Colleen! I love your poems...they remind me of my own thoughts at times! This is such a cool site...like I get to pry into your mind for a while...so cool!!

Colleen said...

Naomi!
What a lovely surprise! Thanks for visiting! So glad you liked it!