Tuesday, April 1, 2008

First Fruits

Sometimes I can feel You, near me when I pray.
Sometimes I can see You in the beauty of the day.
Sometimes I can sense You, in the middle of the night.
Though I sleep alone in bed I'm warmed in Your delight.

Sometimes when I'm crying, I know You're crying too.
Sometimes when I'm laughing, I laugh because of You.
Sometimes when I'm lonely, I know I'm not alone.
I know that you were lonely too...so far way from Home.

Someday when it's over, will You draw me near?
Will You whisper in my ear the words I long to hear?
"I'm so proud of you." I want to hear You say.
"I know it wasn't easy. But you listened and obeyed.
The time has come to celebrate. It's over and it's done.
Come enter My Kingdom child the battle has been won."

1 comment:

Andrea's Adventures said...

I don't know if I'm allowed to comment here... it kinda feels like I need to remove my shoes first. But this poem hit a raw, deep spot, sister.