Friday, August 8, 2008

Empty Cups

Empty Cups, they clang together.
We sit in the four walls and clang our empty cups like children;
looking to the people to the left, to the right, to the guy up in front.
"Can you fill it?" We ask each other.
"Can you?" They ask of me.
No.
No one can fill the empty cups.
Everyone is hungry, or so I assume.
But who then will fill the empty cups?
What did I come here for?
What is it that I want?
I hear a bunch of noisy children clanging their empty cups.
How annoying we must sound.
Do we ask the Lord Almighty to fill the empty cups?
Or do we ask each other?
This is where I have erred.
When my focus is not on Christ and Him Crucified
I find myself seeking the Lord in earthen vessels...(even with good intentions)
Instead of seeking the Lord.

Lord, Here is my empty cup. Father please fill it up, right here in my living room, in my pajamas and when I seem them on Sunday, may that cup that you filled flow over onto them.

Help me to worship you IN spirit and IN truth. Amen.

No comments: