Wednesday, June 20, 2007

On Time

Life is not a cake walk.
When I was young, I was naive.
Falling into another decade changed that.
Some of us are late bloomers. (I.E. me)
I always was.
Late to walk because I was afraid to stumble.
Late into adolescence, because I was afraid to change.
Late into adulthood, because I was afraid to grow up.
Are you late too?
I became easily frustrated.
I always imagined my life as a race
and I'm choking in everyone's dust.
Yet!
If the Lord fashioned me (and He did)
And He is never early, nor late...
then I suppose I'm right were I'm supposed to be
with Him.
Not according to the world,
not even according to me.
If you let the dust clear,
you will stop choking.
When you stop choking,
you will catch your breath.
And when you breath
you will realize it's not about
the accolades of men.
It's not about comparison,
for you are like no other.
Your race is your own.
and all along the way,
there is someone cheering you on. (Jesus)
And at the end, there is someone waiting to catch you...(Jesus)
If you let Him.
If you look to Him.
If you call to him.
And at the end, you will be...

Right On Time.

1 comment:

Amber Leaders said...

This is beautiful. And true....