Sunday, June 17, 2007

Water

Here it comes again.
Here comes the swell
and I'm going under.
Wave after wave washes me.
You terrify and amaze me.
I yearn for you in my heart.
Yearn for your realness.
Yet I struggle with an indifferent flesh.
A loud flesh.
A strong flesh.
Sweet Living Spirit please wash me.
I want to be soaking wet in your waters
of Life and Joy.
Let my flesh be as the sand under my feet.
Let my spirit be as thick and full
as the weight of your waters over me and surrounding me.
Let me know you now.
Give me reverence for your ability to throw a tidal wave.
And yet joy in knowing your tide can curve slowly and smooth.
Peace.
Peace my soul,
for you are the fount of Living Waters
and I am soaking you in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This reminds me of an old hymn:

"Jesus, Lover of my soul
Let me to Thy bosom fly.
Plentious grace with Thee is found
Grace to cover all my sin.

For Thou of life a fountain art!
Freely let me take of Thee!
Spring Thou up within my heart!
Rise through all eternity!"

Let the Fountain of our Lord Jesus never stop rising in our hearts! :) Love you girl! Naomi