Sunday, October 28, 2007

Song with no Sound

My heart aches for Your Song.
My soul longs for the distant melody of Heaven.
The sound I cannot hear.
Yet in my heart I know that it is playing.
How strange, to not hear with my ears.
Yet I hear with my heart.
I ignorantly search through my music collection, looking for the sound that I hear so that I can somehow match it in the flesh. But I cannot find the right music. I don't think it exists on earth. If it does, I haven't heard it yet. It's like I just know that you sing to me. You entice me by your love. You call me first. Then it's like I realize I've been sleeping. "Arise oh sleeper! Arise and shake yourself from the dust!" And I realized last night that I have been so thirsty for you. And I thirst for you all day. And I eat food, and I buy things, and listen to music and I have conversations...and I think that these are the things that I'm needing. And I do, but then you cause me to realize that really...I thirst continually for you.
Fill my mouth Lord.
Fill my cup.
Fill me up.
Let me overflow for your purpose.
Let me overflow for your people, your creation.
Your love is so beautiful to me.
As are You.

1 comment:

Life in Him said...

Morning!
You made me think of Akiane who heard the heavenly music and couldn't stand any other music after that.
There is a psalm that says He puts a new song in our hearts and many will fear because of it and come to know Him. What is that song? could it be the song of freedom? Arise oh sleeper, awake and shake off the dust (Satan loves to feast on the dust). Let us fill ourselves with the Song of heaven and renew our minds with His word.