Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gutted

Something has happened to me tonight. I can't seem to stop bursting into tears. For the first time in a very long time I have been pondering Jesus straight up on the cross. It's like I'm seeing fresh just what he did for me. (For everyone) up on that cross. So often, when I cry, it's because I'm crying repentance over my sin. But how often do we weep over the price that Jesus paid for our sins? I wonder how much I would sin less, if I continued to focus on the magnitude of the price he paid for me. How often do we reflect on all the filth that His blood has covered in our lives? I don't know, it's just captivating me right now and I keep thinking..."This really happened." God came down out of the most glorious of places to become flesh and blood and die on a cross so that I might know His redemption. He took my sin. He was stripped naked and suffered unspeakable shame and torture so that I might choose him and be blameless before the Father. I know that sounds graphic, but it's the truth. No one else loves me like that. No one else ever will. I just feel gutted.

Am I right? Is this okay to talk about? I know that the Bible says "Restore to me the Joy of your salvation..." (Psalm 51:12) But I wonder, can we know His Joy until we know His suffering?

3 comments:

colleen said...

Love to see you writing on this site. It's like - Colleen Unfiltered...

Colleen said...

Oh Colleen, Thanks for the encouragment. "Colleen Unfiltered" is right....just you wait. It was so wonderful to meet with you today and meet the little miracle that God has blessed you with. You are a blessing to know.

Susan Skitt said...

To realize what He did, for us, it is an awesome place to be... we need to be there more often, right my friend? It is humbling...